Managing the transition of ownership brands from a Indian pharma player to a PE fund
The client, a large Indian PE fund, had acquired a portfolio of pain drugs (brands and sales force only) from a listed Indian Pharma player. The acquired portfolio of pain drugs was to be housed in a newly created company owned by the PE fund. The client wanted support to manage the transition of the brands and sales force in a seamless and smooth manner into the newly formed entity.
In order to ensure seamless transfer of brands and employees, UC carried out the following
● Identified workstream champions (within the PE fund and external advisors)
● Developed detailed work plans for the identified workstreams
- Supply Chain
● Carried out weekly updates with PE partners on status and discussed issues that required troubleshooting
● Tracked and followed up on workplan items
● Ensured successful outcomes on
- Ability to invoice on 1st day of ownership transfer
- Payroll processing without delay
● Transition to new CXO team in the newly formed entity
The client was able to successfully transfer the assets (brands and salesforce) from the seller to the newly formed entity without any chances of reduction sales as a result of transition related challenges.